Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Playing "House: The Tooth Fairly" Together

I think with this screen generation of children, many have forgotten how to entertain themselves and play together without some sort of stimulant. James and Jacob, the past few days, have been awesome using their imagination to play and getting along wonderfully... just when I thought they were extremely sick of each other, they have started getting along better than I think they ever have!

Today they played "House" together, which I have mentioned is Jacob's favorite game. I walked into James' room and they stopped playing. I did not know what they were up to and usually silence means they were caught doing something they were not supposed to, but not this time.

I asked them, "What are you doing?"

"Nothing," James said.

"Playing house," Jacob replied. "James is the tooth fairy."

"Yea," James said. "I am the tooth fairy and the daddy."

hmmm.... I thought to myself.... coincidence?

"Get out," they told me. They were embarrassed to play in front of me.

I slowly closed the door just enough so that I could still peak in and watch. Then Jacob pulled up his pillow and underneath was one of their trains. Jacob acted very excited, "Wow!" and James said, "Whoa! The tooth fairy brought you GeoTrax!"

They make me smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment