Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hand, Foot, and Mouth... Disease

Jaely girl has it. I took her too the doctor today because she had a temp of 102. It has been a few days and with Josh getting over strep throat, I didn't want to take any chances. She was again not eating very much as she had not been when she had her ear infection. Within the last week, I noticed she had some blisters on her hands. I made note of it to Josh asking if she could of possibly burnt the tips of her fingers on plastic of her car seat in our 112 degree weather. Then without waiting for his reply, I moved on to say that the blisters looked a lot like the ones Jacob had when he had Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. However, I had no idea when I was taking her to the Dr. today (that was 3 or 4 days ago and now they are gone) that she had little sores in her mouth too (which would explain why she doesn't want to eat for long). There is no treatment for it and it is not serious. It is viral and is going around and you just have to wait it out.I took this pictures this morning of Jaelyn in her first pair of shorts! She has worn lots of dresses, onesies, capris, leggings, and even jeans, but never shorts!! They just looked too cute I had to pull out the camera but as you can tell from the picture, she is not feeling well.

Her superhero brother is here to rescue her from her canker sores!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the shorts...cute picture. Sorry she doesn't feel well though :( Feel better Jaely!

    Love,
    Aunt Stephanie

    ReplyDelete