Thursday, July 22, 2010

Choking

My house has at least 100 choking hazards in it for Jaelyn to get to and choke on. This is a new experience for me because when the boys were putting everything in their mouths, I didn't have the small toys (Lego Stars Wars toys, Bionicles, etc.) that I have in my house now. I am constantly having the boys pick up their toys and keep them out of harms way. But of all the things to become lodged in her throat, this little piece of tape was the culprit. Yesterday morning I slightly panicked when she started drooling non-stop and was hacking like she wanted to make herself throw up. I could tell her airway was not blocked and she could breathe but there was clearly something back there that was not supposed to be. What did I miss? I had made sure nothing was on the floor in my room that was too small for her! Finally after a few sips here and there of her bottle she was able to make herself throw up. Inside her mouth I saw a white ball that I quickly grabbed out and there was this little, clear piece of tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment