Thursday, July 8, 2010

Candy

James woke me up this morning tattling on Jacob - "Mom, Jacob ate your chocolate Reese's." Mind you that it is 6:30AM. Half asleep I say, "you can have the other one, just please don't wake up your sister." It was a long night, Jaelyn is sick again with a temp. I am not sure if it is her ears. She is eating less again, but still eating and doesn't complain when she eats, but has a fever at night and during the day with no other symptoms just like the boys had a few weeks ago. She never got this so maybe it is her turn.

Back to the candy... I ask Jacob, why did you eat candy this morning? You know it is not OK without asking, right?" He said, "I only had five skittles."

The skittles I did not know about - thanks for telling me Jacob. I tell him it does not matter what he ate, it is not OK to help himself to candy, especially first thing in the morning.

A few minutes later, after our conversation he comes in my room and mumbles something to me. I ask him, "Jacob, what is in your mouth?" He says, "Am I going to get in trouble?" "Yes," I said. "Am I going to go to my room?" he asks me. "Yes," I said. "For how long?" he asks...

"Four minutes, go to your room." Apparently the risk is worth the reward... I must think of something else.
Here he is with a ring pop in his mouth.

1 comment: