Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day of School 2011

Today Jacob started Kindergarten and James started the 2nd grade.

Jacob was very excited. At 630 he was dressed, got himself breakfast, and was dancing to music. He did very well when we dropped him off. He was smiling non-stop and making friends that sat at his table. Something tells me the teacher is going to have her hands full with him.

James could not wait for me to leave. I was taking lots of pictures and he'd had it.

I was full of tears when I left. Leaving Jacob was very hard. James I am used to, but Jacob is my sweet little helper. I went to work and told all of my preschool kids I was sad because my #2 is in school all day now. They didn't seem to care, but I am pretty sure the parents felt sorry for me :).

After my morning classes I went straight back to their school. It just so happened to be Jacob's lunch time and so I stopped in to see how he was doing. I asked him if he missed me. He said no. Then he told me that he wanted to play with Sam at recess (his girlfriend).

The first day was very successful for both of them. James as usual was uninterested in recounting what happened in his day. Jacob told us that he has a new girlfriend because one of the girls gave him three of her sillybands. However, he did not know her name and he did not care either :). He also told me that Kindergarten and first grade and second and third and fourth and fifth grade are going to be way too much work for him and he does not think he can do it. :)

Day 2: I dropped them both off at the door. I did not cry today, but had a little anxiety about whether or not Jacob made it to class! He is so confident walking through those doors with his brothers. BUT he is five years old and there are over 900 students alone in that school. I am just not ready for him to be that grown up. OF course he made it there just fine. When we picked them up at the end of the day he was VERY happy. He told me he like today better than yesterday and now he has three girlfriends. This boy is girl crazy I tell ya! He also told me that he gave one of his new friends his lucky penny!! He has such a big heart! I love that boy so much and I hope that school does not take that away from him. Now he spends more time at school than he does at home with me and that cannot help but break a mother's heart.

Jaelyn took a three hour nap today. The house was silent. Fortunately the Bachelor Pad Premier was 3 hours - ha!

The house is sound asleep this evening by 7:45. Maybe school is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment