Friday, May 21, 2010

Monsters

So I am not ready for summer at all!!! My boys are absolute monsters. I always talk about their successes on here and how great they are, but today you are going to hear about how they destroy everything in their path. Poor Jaelyn, I honestly cannot trust them and leave them alone with her. If she is strapped in her carseat they will rock her back and forth until she tips upside down. While uploading Jaelyn's video to the blog, Jacob comes in my room and closes my lap top looking for sharpies so I have to restart the uploading process all over... if you have used blogger, you know it is not a quick process - especially if the video is over a minute. James turned the thermostat up to 90 so my house is currently 85 degrees. All this is being done while I am in the kitchen trying to get some dishes done.

Yesterday morning before James' last day of kindergarten, they climbed their way to an exacto knife in the garage. I was giving Jaelyn her antibiotics at the time and strapping her in her carseat. While they were in there, they managed to also break the garage door sensor so it would not close.... it thinks something is in the way because it cannot connect with each other.

I thought I was ready for summer, but before it has even started (Jake has school today) they are already destroying everything in their path. This is ALL happening before 9AM - oh the joys of them waking up at 5:30 every morning... from now on they will be in their OWN rooms until 8AM.

2 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean! Jonah plays with a toy obsessively, until it's destroyed. Happens every time. We're working so hard on "treating things gently"...especially his sister ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounded like the first day home for summer vacation for us too!!

    ReplyDelete