Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Talking

I love hearing the boys converse. It is so much fun to hear them talk to each other. It is a sign obviously that they are getting older :(, but it is still very new to hear them have actual conversations with one another. The first thing Jacob does when he wakes up is find out where James is and what he is doing. James is always awake first. Jacob leaves his room and walks straight into James' room to make sure he is not still in bed, then you hear "James, where are you?" And Jacob will immediately go there. This morning, James was in the bath. Jacob asked him, "Why are you in the bath tub?" James told him "because I have a cold and I am clearing my nose." Jacob said, "I want to get in the tub." "OK Jacob, take off your diaper and go potty then you can get in." "But I don't have to go." "Well try," James told him. I wonder where they get it...

Then, James picked out a doughnut for Jacob while Jacob was at school. "Jacob, I got you a doughnut." "What is it call?" Jacob asked him. "Um, Chocolate donut with sprinkles" "Oh!"

It is so cute to hear them speak to each other, when they are not arguing of course. But we told James today how much Jacob loves him and looks up to him as a big brother. He didn't exactly understand why, but he seemed proud anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment