Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just Jacob

Today, I had a glimpse at what life would be like if I had just one child, and that one child was Jacob. James had a busy day today. We took him to school at 9AM and then he went to a friend's house afterwards. I saw him only a few moments in passing before heading off to work. Jacob and I spent the day at home together. He was very quiet and did very well on his own - which it seems he never gets to do. He also sat down, if you can believe it, to watch some TV before falling asleep on the couch. I carried him to his room and, oh the quiet house. I had forgotten what it was like to lay a child down for a nap and not have another one to worry about. It was great to spend time with Jacob without James around. He is a much more relaxed person when he is not yearning to get more attention than his older brother. When I arrived home from work, James gave me the biggest hug and told me he missed me today. And I missed him too!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Juli, I bet it was nice spending the whole day with Jacob, He is a great little boy.
    I am also waiting on the online song from you, ask Josh about it , if you don't know what i am talking about.:-)

    ReplyDelete