Saturday, September 4, 2010

Summer Catch Up

Wow, it has been so long since I blogged. Or at least it feels that way because the things I have posted have been short and sweet. I feel like we skipped over all of August and jumped straight to Sept. Which would actually be fine with me because that would mean that I am still 28 and never turned 29.

I have so many pictures to share, but I think blogger needs to find a new faster way to upload pictures because the way they do things now isn't cutting it.

Where do I even start... OK, we will start right where we left off. Jaelyn had her procedure at the hospital which was a nightmare. We later followed up with an appointment with a pediatric Urologist. She started her antibiotics which she will continue to be on for one year, until her next VCUG. In the meantime, James and Jacob are going to have an Ultrasounds on their kidneys and bladders to make sure they do not also have VUR. There is a one in three chance, since it is hereditary, that if one sibling has it, the others do as well. Jaelyn will have another ultrasound in about 5 months to check on her kidneys and bladders to check their growth from her first ultrasound as well as to make sure that no damage was caused from her previous infection.

Jaelyn had her 9 month appointment the same day she saw the Urologist. She weighed 18 pounds 6.4 ounces (38th percentile) and was 27 inches tall (26th percentile). There her iron was tested and she is no longer Anemic!

The day of Jaelyn's VCUG, we headed to the Pointe Hilton Tapitio Resort where we spent the weekend with our great friends the Kasheta's and Thompson's.

One week later, James started the first grade!!! I can't believe I have a first grader!!! I absolutely LOVE his teacher and am so happy. She is AMAZING and the perfect example of what every teacher should be. She differentiates instruction, has exceptional classroom management and those are two of the hardest things to come by. We are so blessed to have her in our lives.Uncle Thomas, my 22 year old brother, came down to Phoenix to visit the kids. He wasn't quite sure about the craziness of family life with young children. I believe he realized the importance of birth control at that moment. Sadly, I took no pictures while he was here. Then, he kept Josh company on a road trip to Seattle to return the my dad's car to him. Thank you so much for letting us borrow it! It helped us so much!!

One week after that, Jacob started his final year of preschool at Miss Krystal's. The same place that James' went for two years and he LOVES it. FINAL year of preschool - you mean I am going to have two FULL time school age kids next year?! That is crazy.

And one week after that, Josh and I started school again - yuck! And I started training for my first 1/2 marathon - again YUCK!


September is now here and Jaelyn is already 10 months old! Where does the time go? Two months until her Golden Birthday, the planning has begun! Oh and you can see her top two teeth coming through - her left top center tooth has broken gums, the other one is just about ready to poke through.

No comments:

Post a Comment