Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Another Visit to the Doctor

I took the kids to the Dr. today. I wanted to check out James' fever since we are going on his fourth day and no symptoms that I can see. He starts off normal in the morning, 101 by 10AM, 102 by 1PM and slowly makes it way up to 104 by the evening. She said he is congested and this is just his bodies way of fighting it off. She said he can have it for 5-7 days. He is eating, drinking, and evening playing normally with the exception of his frequent napping which he has not done in over 2 years.

Jaely still has her same ear infection from three weeks ago in her left ear. Amoxicillin did not work for her so we are trying Omnicef now. My greatest fear is that she is my next Josh/Jacob who both ended up with tubes in their ears. Jacob had an ear infection for 6 months without antibiotics helping at all. He even had an ear infection the day tubes were put in which quickly healed after the surgery, but I do not want to go through that again with another baby. Hopefully I won't have to and these antibiotics will work. We will have another check up in two weeks to make sure they are gone.

She has lost a little bit of weight. When she got her ears checked three weeks ago, I believe she had hit the 17 pound mark and now she is down to 16 pounds 12.8 ounces. She was drinking bottle between 7-8 ounces a feeding and now it is more between 5-6 since this ear infection. She definitely prefers her table foods much more right now.

1 comment:

  1. Omgoodness. I just had a flash back from when I stayed in Arizona, for a month to help babysit, when James was 5, almost 6months old, and when he'd cry he'd think I was you, while you were at work and stop crying.. Or at least he thought my voice was soothing.. and he'd fall asleep and just be like this TINY (like how i caps'd that?) little bean bag. And that little blue rocky-chair thing that he'd comfortable poop in.
    JEEEEEEEEEEEEZ. He's so big (like how I didn't caps that? ;-)) now!

    ReplyDelete