Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Work Work Work

The boys have been keeping busy with worksheet, coloring and reading this summer! Each day they complete at least two worksheets. When they complete the worksheets they color the star on their reward chart. When they read for 15 minutes each day they color in the book. When they have completed both, I give them a sticker of approval. We read to Jacob, but he also love to look at pictures and make up his own version of the Story. I required James to read at least one book to us and then we can read to him the rest of the time if he chooses. However, he breezed through his last three books very quickly. Coincidentally, I am taking a children's literature class through school and my first novel that I have to read is Charlotte's Web so James and I have been reading a few chapter's of that book every night.

I also have over 30 children's books I have to read for the class so with each book I have to read, they have to join me! They just completed their first reward sheet and received their prize for all their hard work. James got a transformer,
and Jacob, a Little Einstein toy.
This time they had a 15 day program. Next time, they will be required to do 20 days of worksheets and 20 min. of reading.
My at home program isn't the only thing they are working on. They are involved in two more summer reading programs as well. One is through the library and the other Barnes and Noble. James has received a free book from Barnes and Noble (Jacob is too young for this one)
and so far they have both received colored pencils from the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment