Friday, July 8, 2011

Jaely's Words

I have always said that I hate 15-24 months more than any age as my children grow. They begin to learn their independence and think they can do everything themselves, already! However, they do not have the words to express their needs as much as they need to so things can quickly go from calm to frustration on both of our parts. However, this trip to Montana, Jaelyn and I have had lots of mommy and me time. She is a sponge and I have known that she understands EVERYTHING completely for some time now, but she did not have words to talk back. That is all changing. The sponge she has been absorbing everything in her path, is now coming out and words are beginning to form. She is in the stage where often only mom or dad can understand what she is saying, but I loving the new words she is forming and appreciating 20 months more than ever!















Words Jaelyn can say at 20 months old:
Uh-Oh
Daddy
(These were the first two words that began under one years old.)
Jacob (came before mama)
Mom (when she needs something)
Mama (when she wants me)
Poo poo (Also before mama)
Bye bye
Peek-a-Boo
Doggy
Horsey
Papa
No (The answer to any question even when its a yes)
Nana (Most often for banana, but sometimes Grandma)
Teeth (when she wants to brush her teeth)
Shoes
Socks
Outside
Cookie
Come on
Go
Tickle Tickle Tickle
Owie
Moon
Eat
All Done
Wahoo (when the kids play Mario - it is a sound effect of the game)
Hat
Door

No comments:

Post a Comment